Where can one sample the best food in Alpharetta all in one place? At The Taste of Alpharetta, the annual event that allows guests the opportunity to try delicious dishes from some of the best restaurants in Alpharetta, Georgia.
Taking place in early May of each year, it’s somewhat of a pilgrimage that upwards of 50,000 people are now making. The family and dog-friendly event takes place in downtown Alpharetta on Milton Avenue, Roswell Street, Canton Street, Old Roswell Street, and Old Canton Street. The streets are blocked off and it becomes a pedestrian-only zone.
It’s free to check out all of the different food establishments, but if you want to get a taste, you’ll need to purchase tickets. The price of food varies from $2 to $8 per sample.
2024 Taste of Alpharetta
This year’s taste takes place on May 9th from 5:00 p.m. until 10:00 p.m.
What Will You Find At The Taste of Alpharetta?
There is a wide assortment of local dishes, covering meals from breakfast to dessert.
I had my first bánh mì at the Taste of Alpharetta. The fresh, crusty bread reminded me of sandwich baguettes that you find in New Orleans, except that it was filled with Thai food.
Entertainment and More at The Taste of Alpharetta
There is a music stage and plenty of seating for attendees to enjoy the harmonic rock/folk/R&B bands that perform during the event. There is a separate Culinary Competition Stage that pairs top area chefs against one another in five categories – Best Appetizer/Salad, Best Fast Casual, Best Fine Dining, Best Presentation, and Best Dessert.
For kids, there is an area with inflatables for them to play on.
Tips For The Taste of Alpharetta
- Remember that I mentioned that there are a lot of people who attend The Taste of Alpharetta? It’s a good idea to get there early.
- Weather can be unpredictable with Spring showers possibly popping up, so be sure to check the forecast before heading out.
- Put on comfortable shoes. Though most of the terrain is flat or slightly elevated, you’ll do a lot of walking to see all of the different delectable items.
- You can purchase tickets at the event.
- Check Awesome Alpharetta for a list of participating restaurants as well as parking locations. There is a free shuttle service available from select locations.
I was a guest of Awesome Alpharetta. All thoughts, opinions, and grammatical errors are my own. The pictures are also mine, but the delicious food was made in Alpharetta. If you are looking for a place to lay your head in Alpharetta, then head over to my posts about The Hotel at Avalon and What To Do In Alpharetta: A Mini Guide.