The Marriott Shoals Hotel and Spa is the resort to get away and unwind in the Shoals.
The resort could pass as a 20th-century castle in the South. The verdigris cupula elegantly sits atop the stately building.
The hallways are equally grand. You'll notice tributes to the Shoals contribution to the music industry in the building.
The rooms have an air of unfussy sophistication.
In-room amenities include a small coffeemaker, a refrigerator, and safe.
The bathrooms are stocked with Thann toiletries.
The resort has two computers in the business center for guests to use.
There is also a small fitness center on the lower level with weights, treadmills, and an exercise ball.
The most popular place at the resort is the pool area.
Guests of all ages enjoy the waterslide, pool, and hot tub. Towels are provided for guests' use. Inside the resort is another pool which is heated as well as a hot tub.
During the summer, families can enjoy the dive-in movies that are offered on Friday and Saturday evenings.
The resort's full-service restaurant, Swampers Bar and Grille, is named after the famed Muscle Shoals Rhythm Section.
The restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. At night, there is live music performed inside by local artists. When the weather is nice, you'll want to dine outside on the terrace which overlooks the beautiful pool area.
Also at the Marriott Shoals
- 360 Grille - It's the Shoals' only revolving restaurant that overlooks the Tennessee River and the Shoals.
- The Spa at the Shoals. Guests can book appointments for a hairstyle, facials, manicures, and massages.
- On-site laundry
- A game room with arcade-style games is located on the ground floor.
The Marriott Shoals is a great starting point for exploring the Shoals. The following attractions are within a short driving distance to the resort:
- Ivy Green, Helen Keller's Birthplace
- W.C. Handy Home and Museum
- Rosenbaum House, designed by Frank Lloyd Wright
- FAME Studios
- Muscle Shoals Sound Studio
- Local Restaurants
I was a guest of Florence, Alabama. All thoughts, opinions, and grammatical errors are my own.