The Atlanta Marriott Marquis is a 4-star hotel in the heart of downtown Atlanta with its very own stylish vibe. The largest hotel in Georgia, the Atlanta Marriott Marquis has 1663 modern hotel rooms including 94 suites and their allergy-friendly Stay Well rooms.
On the Big Screen
With its modern design, the hotel’s famous atrium was the filming location for the Tribute Headquarters in Hunger Games: Catching Fire. The 52-story glass elevators in the atrium and the hotel’s rooftop are also featured in the film.
Rooms at the Marriott Marquis
Standard guest rooms at the hotel have two double beds, contemporary work desks, and smart tvs. Floor-to-ceiling windows provide ample natural light and views of downtown Atlanta. (The higher up you are, the better the views, naturally.)
There’s a small beverage station in the room with an individual cup coffee maker stocked with coffee pods and accessories. (Before you drink that bottled water, be aware that it is not complimentary.)
Complimentary bath toiletries include Thann bath and body products.
Stay Well Rooms – Like to be pampered while on the road? The Stay Well Rooms include features that you won’t find elsewhere that will help you relax and rejuvenate, like an air purification system, aromatherapy, Vitamin C shower infuser, and special lighting (circadian mood lighting, dawn simulator, and energizing light). Guests in the Stay Well Rooms receive complimentary access to Wellness Programs by the Cleveland Clinic.
Peleton Bike Room – You can book a Peloton-equipped room and join live or on-demand studio classes all from the comfort of your hotel room.
There are several suites available for booking: Junior Suite, Peachtree Parlor Suite, Marquis Suite, Presidential Suite, Ambassador Parlor Suite, Governor Suite, and Diplomat Suite.
24-Hour Fitness Center – Guests can blow off some steam at the hotel’s fitness center which features cardiovascular equipment, elliptical machines, exercise bikes, free weights, and a rowing machine.
Not to be missed is the hotel’s indoor/outdoor pool.
The Spa located at the hotel means that guests don’t have to venture off to relax. The Spa has a full menu of services ranging from couples massages to facials and body wraps.
Business Center – The staffed onsite business center offers copy service, fax service, internet printing, and post/parcel service.
Among the 52 stories, there are a few notable levels and lounges.
- International Level – Located two levels below the lobby.
- Skyline Level – Located on the 10th floor, this is a good places to take in the sweeping views of the city.
- Concierge Lounge – Located on the 42nd floor, the Concierge Lounge is available to guests who are staying in concierge-level rooms located on floors 42 – 47. The lounge has floor-to-ceiling windows that have stunning views of the Atlanta skyline, LCD TVs, co-working areas, and a boardroom. (Marriott Bonvoy™ Gold and Premium Elite members and a guest can enjoy Concierge Lounge access as part of their Elite status.)
Amenities in the Concierge Lounge include complimentary bottled water, sodas, and whole fruit, premium high-speed wireless Internet, and computer and printer usage.
Conference Center and Meeting Space
There are 74 meeting rooms and 162,526 square feet of exhibit space at the Marriott Marquis. The capacity for the largest space is 4600. There are 54 breakout rooms at the hotel.
Dining at the Atlanta Marriott Marquis
The hotel features several dining options:
- Starbucks – You can grab a Starbucks® coffee beverage and breakfast pastry without even leaving the hotel. Other items available for purchase include sandwiches, salads, and sweet treats. Starbucks is open every day from 6:00 AM until 6:00 PM.
- Sear – an American restaurant serving steak and seafood. Sear is open every day from 6:00 AM until 2:00 PM.
- High Velocity – The Marquis’ very own sports bar has over 20 flat-screen TVs and serves craft beers, cocktails, and pub fare. High Velocity is open every day from 2:00 AM until 12:00 AM.
- Pulse Bar – You can’t miss the bar – just look for the large structure that looks like a sail in the center of the hotel atrium. Pulse is open Fridays and Saturdays from 4:00 PM until 12:00 AM.
- M Store – Think of this as the hotel’s own convenience store where you can pick up breakfast, snacks, or beverages. You can also pick up some souvenirs from your trip to Georgia before you head home. The store is open every day from 7:00 AM until 11:00 PM.
- 24-hour Room Service – You can have your food brought to your room for a $5 delivery fee between 7:00 AM and Midnight.
I recommend that you read the reviews before dining at any of the above options. Don’t want to pay $29
for the full American breakfast at the hotel? Consider heading over to the food court at Peachtree Mall.
In addition to the food court at the mall, the hotel is within walking distance to many other restaurants, such as the Hard Rock Cafe which is about 10-15 minutes away by foot.
The hotel has valet parking only and rates are $55 per day. Hourly rates are:
- 0-1 hour = $20
- 1-2 hours = $25
- 3-5 hours = $40
- 5-7 hours = $45
- 7+ hours = $55
- $60 per day for oversized vehicles. (No buses, RVs, or duallies permitted.)
The central downtown location is 12 miles from the Atlanta Hartsfield International Airport.
The Atlanta Marriott Marquis is on the red and gold rail lines of MARTA (Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority).
The hotel is connected via a sky bridge (indoor connection) to the Mall at Peachtree Center. There’s another sky bridge that connects the hotel to Hilton Atlanta.
The Marriott Marquis is a short walk to many downtown attractions like the World of Coca-Cola (approximately 15 minutes away by foot). Other nearby attractions include:
- CNN Center (0.7 miles away, about a 14-minute walk)
- Mercedes-Benz Stadium (1.0 mile, approximately 21-minute walk)
- Centennial Olympic Park (0.6 miles, 13-minute walk)
- Georgia Aquarium (0.5 miles, 11 minutes)
More Information About the Atlanta Marriott Marquis
- The Atlanta Marriott Marquis is a Category 5 Marriott Hotel.
- Internet is available for $14.95/day. Enhanced high-speed internet is $18.95/day.
- Check-in is at 4:00 PM and check-out is at 11:00 AM. Atlanta is in the Eastern time zone.
- Special rates are available for government/military, senior discounts, AAA/CAA, and group codes.
Before booking your stay at the Atlanta Marriott Marquis, it’s essential to do your research! While some reviews praise the hotel’s amenities and service, others share less favorable experiences. (The hotel’s website shows a 3.6 rating out of 8859 reviews and TripAdvisor.com readers have rated it 3.5 with 2,183 reviews.)
By diving into various reviews, you can gain valuable insights and make an informed decision about whether this hotel aligns with your preferences and expectations.
Remember, taking the time to read different perspectives will help you plan a more enjoyable and satisfying stay in Atlanta. Your research is the key to ensuring a memorable and delightful experience during your trip!