If you’re looking for a Southern state with plenty of charm, look no further than Alabama. With its stunning coastline and abundance of history, Alabama offers visitors a wealth of things to see and do.
From exploring the vibrant city of Birmingham to visiting the picturesque beaches of Gulf Shores, there’s something for everyone in Alabama.
Don’t miss out on all the fun – add Alabama to your travel bucket list today!
Florence and The Shoals
Gulf Shores and Orange Beach
The State of Alabama
The State of Alabama is a great place to live, work and play. It’s the 24th most populous state in the country, boasting over 4.9 million people.
- Alabama became a state on December 14th, 1819.
- The state capitol is in Montgomery.
- The current governor is Kay Ivey.
- Alabama’s state bird is the Northern Flicker – also called the Yellowhammer.
- The state tree is the Longleaf Pine.
- The state flower is the Camellia.
- The largest city in the state is Huntsville.
What makes Alabama stand out from other states? For one thing, it has an impressive range of natural attractions, from the Gulf Coast Beaches to the Appalachian Mountains. Whether you’re looking for outdoor recreation or cultural events, Alabama has something for everyone.